A damp or leaking basement means you can’t use this valuable space even for storage. It can cause mold and mildew to grow and spread throughout your home, and it can make selling your home almost impossible as no one wants to buy a house with a wet basement. If you are looking for a cost effective way to fix this problem yourself, without having to dig up your basement, then Aquaseal Aqua-Stop or Aqua-Block BB are the products you need. They will make your basement dry and comfortable again, remove that damp smell, and restore your homes value.
Some benefits of using Aqua-Stop:
- Easy to use just add water and apply to walls or floor with brush inside each pail
- Very economical and safe for the homeowner to apply
- Environmentally friendly with no odor, fumes or harmful ingredients
- Can be applied to damp or wet surfaces with a brush or sprayer
- Permanent solution that will last the lifetime of the structure, no need to reapply
- Can be used on interior and exterior surfaces that are free of paint or other coatings
- Uses European technology Commercial grade products originally developed for waterproofing tunnels and underground structures
- Highly resistant to positive and negative hydrostatic pressure will not peel or flake off the wall or floor
- Once product has dried the basement can then be finished with paint, tiles, carpeting, etc.
Crystalline Basement Waterproofing
For Commercial & Residential Applications
AQUA-STOP is a state of the art, one-component, deep penetrating cementitious material which waterproofs old or new, structurally sound concrete or cement block. It is highly resistant to positive and negative hydrostatic pressure to a depth of 460’ which equates to 200 psi. AQUA-STOP is not a vapor barrier; therefore, the concrete can still “breathe”. Using this simple to apply waterproofing material means that leaking basements will be a thing of the past – PERMANENTLY.
• Ready to use, just add water and apply • Cost effective alternative to expensive construction repairs
• 1 pail will cover approximately 300 sq. ft. (2 x 25lb bags mixed with the appropriate amount of water)
• No odor or fumes
• Permanently active for the life of the structure
• Seals cracks up to 1/32” (for larger cracks-fill with AQUA-STOP Crack Filler)
• Commercial and residential applications • Tested up to 200 psi (460 ft.)
• Utilizes the latest in European technology
• Brush or spray applied
• Concrete remains waterproofed, even if the coating is damaged
• Protects concrete against fresh water, salt water, waste water and aggressive ground water
• Inorganic – nontoxic
• Can be used on water tanks (potable and non-potable), marine aquariums, tunnels, etc.
• Can be applied to damp and wet surfaces
Like all good building practices, preparation is very important to ensure that the product will work with 100% effectiveness.
• The surface must be sound, clean and free of any paint or coatings.
• The surface should be rough (feel like fine sandpaper) to ensure good adhesion and bonding.
• If the surface is smooth, then “rough-up” using a mechanical or hand wire brush, or mild acid wash.
• Any cracks larger than 1/32” must be filled with AQUA-STOP Crack Filler before product is applied.
• Using a brush, wash surface with plenty of clean water, prior to application, making sure the surface is wet when the product is applied. This will enable AQUA-STOP to be “sucked” into the pores and capillaries of the concrete. DO NOT APPLY TO DRY CONCRETE
• Always add powder to water NEVER water to powder.
• For brush applications mix one of the 25lb bags into 3/4 of a gallon of fresh water. If the mixture is too thick, a little more water may be added.
• For spray applications mix one of the 25lb bags into 1 gallon of fresh water.
• Only mix enough AQUA-STOP for the immediate area to be covered, as once mixed you have 30 minutes to apply.
• Mix thoroughly with a mixer attachment on an electric drill to a consistency of thick paint.
• If mixture thickens in the pail-do not add more water, just re-mix.
• Do not apply in temperatures below 40F (5C) or
to a frozen substrate.
• Do not apply to a dry surface – surface must be
pre-wetted with water before product is applied.
• Brush on the mixture evenly with the masonry brush supplied in the pail and work it well into the surface
• One application of AQUA-STOP is sufficient but make multiple brush strokes over surface area to ensure complete coverage.
• AQUA-STOP may be applied using a “Textured Sprayer” with compressed air.
• Spray in a circular movement to ensure complete coverage.
• Allow the coated area to dry for a few hours, until the product is no longer tacky, and then “mist” the entire surface with clean water using a spray bottle. Continue misting the surface for 2-3 days, keeping it damp and moist, so that the product penetrates deep into the surface.
• For commercial applications, consult the manufacturer, as certain “curing agents” can be used.
• In badly ventilated areas, try to provide some air circulation for the first 24 hours.
Decorating, Coating and Tiling
• All surfaces treated with AQUA-STOP, which are
to be coated or painted, must be left to cure for 3-4 weeks. At the end of the curing period, the surface should be thoroughly washed with a solution of 5 parts vinegar to 1 part water to neutralize any remaining product on the surface. Following this application, the areas should again be thoroughly washed with clean fresh water prior to coating being applied.
• When a plaster or render finish is required on top of AQUA-STOP treatment, it is essential that a thin roughcast of sand and cement be applied after the 3-4 week curing period. If this is not practical, apply a suitable bonding agent, prior to plastering. Aquaseal’s DO-IT-ALL is ideal for this purpose.
• For areas that are to be dry-walled or paneled, no additional treatment is required prior to the installation of strapping.
Packaging & Coverage
• AQUA-STOP is supplied in 2 x 25lb bags in a 5 gallon pail, and each pail includes a masonry brush to apply the treatment.
• Each 25lb bag, when mixed with water, will cover 125 to 150 square feet.
• Refer to MSDS
• This product contains Portland cement and silica and is highly alkaline. Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
• Wear rubber gloves and protective eyewear during mixing and application.
• After any contact with the skin, wash with plenty of clean water. In case of eye contact, rinse immediately with plenty of clean fresh water for a minimum of 10 minutes, and seek medical advice.
• KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Storage and Shelf Life
AQUA-STOP must be stored in a dry enclosed area off the ground. Shelf life in un-opened container is 12 months, from date of manufacture.
It is the responsibility of the customer to determine the suitability of the product for the intended purpose. Factors such as temperature, surface preparation and applicator’s skill are beyond the control of the company. Therefore, the manufacturer’s liability is limited to the replacement of the defective material only
|Color & Aggregate State||Gray Powder|
|Compressive Strength||5000 psi (35 MPa)||ASTM C-109|
|Flexural Strength||725 psi (5 MPa)||ASTM C-348|
|Bond / Adhesion||>220 psi (>1.5 MPa)||ASTM C-321|
|Shrinkage||0.014% at 28 days||ASTM C-596|
|Vapor Permeability||17||ASTM E-96|
|Potable Water||Approval||NSF Standard 61|
All data are an average of several tests under laboratory conditions. In practice, climatic variations such as temperature, humidity and porosity of substrate may affect these values.
Manufactured in the USA and Canada by Aquaseal USA, Inc.
117 Vosburg Road, Mechanicville, New York 12118
Phone: 518-664-0042 Toll Free: 877-AQUASEAL or 877-278-2732
Find Out More!
Contact us now to find out which product will protect your home from moisture infiltration.